Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The first big letter in Nebraska

Dear Family and friends
       Wow what a crazy week I have had. So we finished out Tuesday with the greatest devotional I have ever heard on obedience it made me want  to be obedient, unlike others which the MTC presidency gave which made me want to rebel. However I stayed obedient. Well we had a sad little district of five and then we went back to our casa and we got ready for bed and pack everything away. 
         We woke up at 3:50 so we wouldn't be late but we were because Elder Drennan was slow but it was okay. In the end my bags were crazy, my big suitcase was fifty pounds and my second bag was 25 and my carry on was 10 kg because it couldn't be heavier, so ya. We got to the airport and we said farewell to each other then they drove Elder Jensen and I to another terminal. We got our bags, checked in, then we got through security had a gate change. I tried to call home but the machine wouldn't take my card so that sucked we talked to different people and I gave out a pass along card to one gentleman. We got on okay and I got a window seat and I left Mexico. I gave a lady a Spanish pass along card for Mormon.org. It was cool. I got off the plane and tried to get through American customs which I did okay but we first got in the wrong line because all of the signs telling us where to go was pointing the wrong way! And I was trying to not speak Spanish while going through American customs. Well I got through okay and I went and got my bags finished going through customs and rechecked my bags and while doing this the Man (very much black and super cool said) Jensen we've been waiting on you, you got a word? And Jensen was so lost, I got what he meant, and then he clarified for Jensen you were sent from the big man upstairs and then Jensen was like ya but we don't have time and I was like here is a BOM and a pass along card so we then ran to security! and I got through Jensen had WATER! So ya that was no good and that slowed us down. We then had to hurry to get to our gate, Jensen refused to run or even walk fast! He is 4ft 11in, if that, so we got to the gate with about 9 min to go. So we get through, I check my carry on, carry it downstairs, and I force Jensen to run and we get to our gate with 5 minutes left before the plane is set for takeoff. I check my bag then we have 4 min. and we get on with 3 min. to spare! So that was great.
I talk to this girl and I give her a pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation and a pass along card. I give this Hispanic lady an ELdM (Spanish BoM) and a pass along card I also passed out another pass along card to a family. We get to the airport and our bags our the first off the plane and we meet the APs and we load up and go the mission office, which is in my church building so it is convenient. We meet the mission mom, she is really nice. And then we eat food, go into some meetings, and they are like CCM all over again except in English. We got to the hotel I got my other suitcase by the way and it was at the office I wrote in my journal and set my alarm and went to bed.
           I wake up and someone is pounding on my door I hop out of bed run to the door and it is Elder Colman, the guy in charge of the cars and he works in the Mission office, he says "how fast can you be dressed?" I look at my watch it is 8:10 and I say "five minutes" I wake up Jensen and we are out the door in five minutes. Everything went okay but it was a tad embarrassing. We went to the Trail center then the Kanseville Tabernacle. We went back, had lunch, went with some Spanish Elders-I got put with Elder Johnson for some door knocking- then we went to a lunch appointment. Then we went back to the church and then to the mission home for a class thing, which I had the CCM so I am farely set. We had dinner and then a nice testimony meeting. I found out at the end Elder Johnson would be my trainer. He is such a cool Elder I love him. I forgot my camera so I will send pictures next week. 
           Begin  the first day wake up on time, though some other Elders did sleep in, HA!. So we go to the church, we get together, I get my luggage out of the trailer and put it in our car. We go to our place, I unpack. We then get my comp's stuff from the other elders place, since he had to stay with them part of the time before I got there. We went and did some work, we got food and then we went to a birthday party of a child of a reactivated family. 
            Wake up, first real day. We study, exercise, and then we go to work. We knocked some doors and tried to find some of our less actives and former investigators. We were walking back to our car from trying a house and a man yelled "Stop where you are!" We looked up the hill to see him and then he did the cross thingy and said "God bless you in your work, I am an ordained minister, but God Bless You in your work." Well then we went and did more contacting and we had a great conversation with this Catholic man, named Jerry, who knew we were different and he said he was going to pray for our success. So who knows, some good may come from his prayers and we may have success. 
            First Sunday and it is nice a day of rest, and a day that is apparently hard to stay awake on. I used up all my war heads trying to fight off my sleepiness, which came from nowhere. We had dinner with the Torres family and I helped their son Jesus with his Algebra homework and I felt like I was doing a Travis and it was awesome. 
         Today we have been playing sports practically all day. We played volleyball in Council Bluffs and basketball on Martha Street and did laundry and now we are here. So that was my week. 
Elder Logan Joseph Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment