Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Boring boring Ugly warm, SNOW! It's so FLUFFY I COULD DIE!

Dear Family and Friends
        I am thankful for this opportunity to write you and share some of the craziness of my life with you all. Monday was pretty good we had some times with the other Elders, going out to dinner and mainly window shopping at Burlington, though I did get a tie. We went and visited a family that just got back in town from a vacation, and that was fun. Our family home evening postponed to the next day.
         Tuesday was President's Interviews, and mine went well. We talked about leadership and I was asking how do I lead without being a leader, because I need to help and I have ideas and things to contribute but how can I do that better. We talked and he explained start with Charity, "charity never faileth." So I am working on charity. I am also setting my Only Spanish goals back into effect, and things are going well so far. He also hinted that I might get some form of leadership if I endure this time with Elder Paonessa well. Well after that we went and taught some lessons, and it was good. We got four lessons in, two investigators and one less active and the family home evening. The FHE really just ended up being the Father, the Mother, and her brand new baby and us because the other kids ran off. So it was still good. The baby is learning English and Spanish, so that is good.
           Wednesday was a good, weird day. We had district meeting then we went to lunch at Subway, and that was fun. Then we went and came back to our area then, after trying one person, we decided to go and try some people in Council Bluffs. That went pretty well, we got some times to go back and visit. We then had to go all the way from Council Bluffs back to the church to get some chairs for a member for their party. Luckily they invited us and we went got food, and then the Hermanas showed up. Hermana Buhler went home early so Sister Savage, a sister training leader, is now Spanish and that is the third missionary in a row sister Carlson has sent home. Hermano Miranda read our minds when we were talking to him, and he said "if she (Sister Savage) goes home then we know it is her(Hermana Carlson)." So ya, it was funny but sad to see Hermana Buhler leave.
            Thursday I woke up and it was a new year ahhhh! Ya I did not stay up late. Well we got some more good lessons in and we are working hard and things are going well. I can't wait to see one of the people again, because, hopefully, he prayed about the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon. His mom is so funny because she is still all gangster, "I grew up in the hood but I'm a good Mormon now. Ya Dang Fetch ,oh my heck." She stopped swearing, which surprised her brother, so ya she is awesome.
            Friday we did weekly planning and then visited people. We actually got a lesson with this one kid, who wanted to talk to us. Better things had never worked out until we happened to show up, and he was just walking up to the house as well, so it was super cool. He will be getting baptized, I have faith in that. We had a sweet conversation with this member, who really just needed someone to talk to. Her daughter rebuked this christian lady who was complaining about Mormons being boring for not having rock bands and being so old fashioned.She put the lady down with the true doctrines of Christ. Then when she got to middle school, she went to the JW (Jehovah Witness) school versus the other Christian school, she and the other Mormon girl threw down in defense of their religion against the JWs (Jehovah Witnesses). So ya, they were cool stories.
           Saturday was warm, we did service. I wore regular proselyting shoes. We did some sheet-rocking and it was fun, and pretty easy. We got some good lessons in. We taught our recent converts Alexis and Serenity and it was fun. I am getting them Book of Mormon stories books, so that will be fun for them and their families to study.
           Sunday snowed out the wazoo and it was super sketchy driving. Luckily I am good at what I do and I was safe. Now it is snowing more and it is going to be fun. I love you all and I pray for you. Keep studying the scriptures daily and praying, it is super important.
Love Logan J. Draper


--
Sincerely,
Elder Logan Joseph Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment