Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Big Cold DARK Weird/Scary Halloween weekish stuff ya

Dear Family and Friends
       I am doing well, as is my companion and the rest of my district. We are just to say the least a little crazy, but I will get to that later in the letter. (Suspense!) 
       So Tuesday was departing testimonies and District meeting, and this one sister who asked Johnson to write her sister while he was in his first area after writing her a while then told him that she was no longer going to write him. Well Johnson was like okay fine if that is how it is, so at the testimonies he and I avoided them to not make it awkward. Well, it just so happened as we were leaving Johnson got stuck holding the door and out came an AP with the Sister and her sister and ya it was funny because the sister GIGGLED and Johnson was confused, until two days later we had to drop a Bill off at the Mission office because they send it to our apartment, and guess what Sister Nelson gives him? A letter from the sister of the Sister and it was funny because the APs were there and one was like oh from _____ and the other was like WHAT? because he likes the Sister that just went home, there are predictions that they will marry. So who knows and cares, I'll still be here. Well we took Kevin to the departing testimonies and he will probably serve a mission, the testimonies really touched him. Sister Carlson, who used to be in the area, came and talked to me about how Omaha was doing and, since it is doing well, she basically went on a compliment trip with Kevin standing right next to me, and then he asked, "can missionaries flirt and go on dates?" and I was like NO but after yes now NO. So it was amusing. 
         Wednesday we worked, I forgot my planner so I forgot what we did but everything was good the big thing was on...
           Thursday that is when Johnson got the letter and he was going crazy. I was laughing at him, at the girls, at him again. It was simply just, WOW, funny ,we were still laughing. That night we went on a team up with Father Bruun, our Stake Young Men's President. He is a very funny and serious guy. We went and visited some people with him, he calls us son all the time and basically everyone loves and trusts him even our investigators. We had some funny moments with him. He is prideful, but it is more accurate to say 'if you aren't doing your job right he gives you crap'. We ran our three miles and we have to run three miles twice this week, so we can get free dinner on Thursday! It will be awesome! And possibly ice cream on Wednesday. Well at the end of the Team-up we went to our apartment because he needed to use the facilities, and then he said "okay we are going to do interviews, Elder Johnson Sit down Elder Draper go into the Bedroom." And I was like "okay." So he grilled Johnson, and then he grilled me about how we thought the night went. So it was pretty amusing.  
            Friday we did weekly planning, which was good and we did some stuff, but we had to be in by 6:00 unless we had a specific appointment. Halloween is scary as a missionary, because we can feel the spirit but you can sense a form of evil in the air that is not normal. We finished our appointment then drove like the wind to the other Elders apartment to stay, since Saturday was Elder Johnson's birthday! 
             Saturday Elder Johnson turned twenty, we opened presents and then went to breakfast. Then we came back, played some games, went to work and then came back for cake and ice cream, during dinner, so it was fun. We had some great lessons, and on Saturday we went to a devotional at the Church. And it was so cool, it was the Mafia to Mormon guy, it was neat to hear his story and how he changed. 
             Sunday we went to church then to the house of the Urqidez family for dinner and we had some ceviche-which is a seafood dish of raw fish cured in citrus juice and spices (Travis should know what it is, I would like some when I come home from my mission if you are down Travis).
              Monday we went to the California Street Stake Center for volleyball, then we went to the Zoo. And it was cool, I will need to send pictures but my camera is basically dead, so next week. Well the Big Highlight of crazy stupid is the ZOO. At the Zoo there is a Gorilla called the Silverback Gorilla well guess what its silver is kind of like, a white shirt. And guess what is extremely offensive? Putting your back to them. Well the zoo personal actually encourage missionaries to get the Gorilla angry, to keep him more in his natural state. So while we are there we put our backs to the glass and this little gorilla comes up and knocks on the glass and runs away, and when we don't move the Big one Charges and pounds on the Glass. Well we did that, in total, probably for about an hour. We would go and come back an hour later. We then went in as a big group of 10 elders and he was so mad he didn't even let the little monkey warn us he just charged. Elder Roberts, an English elder, charged the gorilla and basically riled the gorilla up. It was cool, only Mormon Elders can really do that. So it is super stupid but they actually encourage it, so I didn't do anything bad.I am sorry I do not have a video, because my camera is close to death, but if I go with my next companion I will have a sweet video of a Gorilla trying to beat me through the Glass. So that is my week 
                           Love Elder Logan Joseph Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment