Monday, April 13, 2015

A move out of the big city

Dear Family and friends.
        I am happy to be writing you all, and to say that I am doing well. I am now in the little wayside town of Crete. Crete is a small town, south west of Lincoln and south east of Seward. Seward has a branch and we are responsible for all the English people in Crete, to help them get taught baptized and reactivated and going to the Seward branch. We are also in charge of getting all of the Hispanics to the Lincoln Pioneer ward. So I can now go to a different church every other week.
         So a little about the week. Elder Wilson left and it wasn't a sad day, but at the same time it was. We had some great trio time, me and the "greenies". It was fun and I really liked working with them because they are both so sincere. Both Elder Cox and Elder Barton have some very fun personalities, and it was great. If I did not mention, our apartment had a problem with a leaking water heater above and then wet carpet. Well they fixed that and it smelled really nice. We got antsy in the days before transfers and we found out that they were going to close Omaha Spanish South!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well if you have not guessed my emotion with that please pay attention to the exclamation marks, but it is all going to go well. Elder Barton is now in Storm Lake, Iowa with Elder Johnson, my TRAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
and I am in Crete with Elder Kummerman. He is a convert of about a year and a half, he is a really laid back guy and really caring and kind. I am so excited to work with him, I am his greenie buster, as it is called.
We had some good lessons this week in Omaha. I said some farewells and did not get as many pictures as I would have liked. I will hopefully find a way to send you a picture of the baptism of the lady we were teaching, I know she will be getting baptized. I am really excited to be in Crete, we have some great investigators from the sound of it and some really nice members. We are really trying to work with the less active Spanish members to help them come to church. Well I don't know what more to tell you, but here is a little more about Elder Kummerman
Elder Kummerman is 21 years old, he is a convert of about a year and a half. He is from Eugene, Oregon. He is a Political Science major at the University of Oregon (Go Ducks!). So that is cool for him. He is hoping to transfer down to BYU, and that is about it for now. I love you all and next week I will load you up with pictures and stories.
Love Elder Draper

No comments:

Post a Comment